To add a bit of fun and excitement on your family walks, try one or more of these ideas…
- Go on a counting walk. Count the number of trees you see or count the parked cars.
- Take binoculars and look at your neighborhood’s nature surroundings!
- Make it a scavenger hunt. Look for something big, something tiny, something rough or something smooth. Children can bring our HealthEase Scavenger Hunt list of specific things to find.
- Play “I Spy” while you walk along. Whoever guesses first gets to come up with the next clue.
- Go on a color hunt. See how many different colors you can find.
- Go on a listening walk. How many different things do you hear on your walk.
- Keep a camera ready to snap any cool nature scenes you see along the way!
By: Michael M., HealthEase Fitness Specialist