There is no time better than anytime to be DREAMING and GOAL SETTING. Do you have a preference? Do you find one more complicated than the other? Does one simply resonate with you more than the other?
Both dreaming and goal setting are part of who we are 🙂 But how are they different?
- are BIG. They are such a special part of our soul!
- are public (vision boards) we feel inspired and excited to share them with others – which in turn energizes someone else to share theirs; aka, The Ripple Effect.
- have zero timeline or expiration.
- should be E.A.S.Y. (energizing, aspirational, spacious, yours)
- are not a choice. They just are! They are there for us to grab hold of and believe in them.
- are small – mainly because the idea is they will be achieved and therefore need to be reachable.
- are private; we tend to keep goals to ourselves.
- need a measurable timeline, end date.
- should be H.A.R.D. (habitual, action-oriented, reachable, do it anyway).
- are a choice – we choose our own goals and whether to reach them or not.
I hope understanding these five differences between the two will help you to believe in your dreams and crush your goals!
By HealthEase wellness specialist Megan Forgie